Friday, August 23, 2013

What Did We Learn After The Packer Third Pre-Season Game?

What Did We Learn After The Packer Third Pre-Season Game?

Let's break this game down to 4 categories, 1 - Offense, 2 - Defense, 3 - Special Teams, & 4 - Players That Should Make The First Cut

1 - Offense
One series for Aaron Rogers?  I know we live in a different time, but ONE SERIES?  I do not like it!  It seems the Packers are so worried about injuries, they have injuries!  Next week Aaron will not play, so the question is, will he be ready?  With Cobb & Nelson still banged up, will the timing be there?  What did I learn?  Vince Young is the #1 Back-up.  The running game is not for sure.  Finley will have a good year.  And, the offensive line is average.

2 - Defense
Again, where is the defense?  I think we are more aggressive.  I think the defensive line looks more athletic.  I think we have defensive backs that will hit.  But, until I see different, I'm worried about big plays.  And missed tackles, we hit, but do not always wrap!  I see some more play makers, Perry, Jones, Hayward, Hyde, ......   But we need a healthy Tramon Williams.  Mike Neal to stay healthy ONE season.  And Brad Jones to cover for AJ Hawk.  I think we will be better, but still scary!

3 - Special Teams
Crosby needs to kick, the lefty does not have enough leg. (I will close my eyes on every field goal this year)  We have athletes to play special teams, now the need to deliver!

4 - Players That Should Make The First Cut
Hyde with the defensive backs.  Young is the backup QB.  Gillet at wide receiver(the kid is tough).  Banjo at Safety(nose for the ball).  Johnny Jolly at defensive line(welcome back Johnny!)

3 games down and 1 to go!  Thank Goodness!  I hate preseason football!!!!


I'd rather watch Duck Dynasty than NFL 
Pre-Season Football!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...