Sunday, August 17, 2014

What Did We Learn From The Packers Second Pre-Season Game?

What Did We Learn From The Packers Second Pre-Season Game?
Some of the areas I was watching………

1 - QB - Rogers looked in mid-season form!  The running & passing mix seems to be working.  Lacy also looks comfortable as an option out of the backfield.  Nelson, Cobb, & Boykin seem to be working their routes well with Rogers!  And Tolzien & Flynn seem to be close!  That is good news!

2 - Tight End - I think we now have three - Quarless, Bostick & Rogers!  Looks like Bostick & Rogers may be pushing Quarless down the TE list!  Bostick & Rogers seem to be bigger targets downfield & punish tacklers more than Quarless.  I feel a lot better now & the Finley loss should not hurt!

3 - Wide Receivers - As I mentioned earlier, Nelson, Cobb, & Boykin looked good!  And Rogers seems to be comfortable with Boykin as the third receiver.  I really like our your receivers trying to make the team!  I do feel some are making a move! After a brief illness I like what I see from Janis!!  Big target, 6'3".  Speed to burn!!!  And hands!  Remember another round 7 Packer Pick from a few years back?  A guy named Driver!!!  Looks like Adams has a spot, and Harper, Gillette, Dorsey, Sheppard & White will battle!!  All great choices!  We we keep 5 0r 6 receivers?

4 - Defensive line looked adequate, but not outstanding.  It looks we we still do not have a BEAST!!  The defense seemed to be fairly conservative.  So, the young guys still need to develop!  The Raji, Daniels, Jones line look more athletic than previous years.  And, Boyd came in and played well.  Neal is still bouncing from line to LB.  And Thorton and Pennel seem to be in a battle to make team!

5 - Safety - still not problem solved.  Saw Hyde & Clinton-Dix flying around, but at times out of position.  Hyde, had great position on the TD we gave up to the TE, but it was a great throw & catch.  I am hoping that game experience will help & some big plays are coming from this group!!!

Has any player stepped up on my list & make a move?  Here are my movers!

Jeff Janis - WR - As I mentioned earlier, I have a GUT feeling!  7th Round draft pick, from Division 2, Saginaw Valley State!  6'3" & 219 pounds, I like this!  Time in the 40 YD - 4.42, I like this!  A well spoken, humble kid!  Check out the Jeff Janis profile!  And also, check out the Jeff Janis NFL Combine  Results.

Overall, a good pre-season game.  Next week is a big game, a roster cuts are looming, here are the dates:
Aug 22 - Raiders Pre-season game
Aug 26 - Roster goes to 75
Aug 28 - Chiefs Pre-season game
Aug 30 - Roster to 53
Aug 31 - Practice Squad chosen
Sept 4 -  First game - Seahawks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...