Monday, October 12, 2020

PackerBuddies - For Over 20 Years Friends Migrate to Green Bay!

Friendship!  Packer Football!  Green Bay!  Lambeau Field!  Flights to Chicago & Milwaukee!  And, coolest & greatest experience, the people we meet!!!!!

Yes, for over twenty years, a group from Pennsylvania & one from New Jersey have been making their annual pilgrimage to Lambeau Field!  The "Final Four" Jim, Bill, Terry & Phil have been a constant!  We have invited friends & family!  We have taken side trips & adventures!  We have seen history made!  And, we have LAUGHED & ENJOYED SO MUCH!!!  This post is dedicated to my "Packer Buddies!"

My first trip, November 29, 1998!  Packers 24 Eagles 16.  A little background, believe it or not, from about 1965 to 1988 I was a Dallas Cowboy fan!  (Yes, The Ice Bowl I weeped for the Cowboys!)  And then, 1988 - Jerry Jones buys Cowboys, and hires Jimmy Johnson!  I was devastated!  I was broken hearted!  Rodger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Walt Garrison, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Bobby Hayes..........  I was crushed, I dumped MY TEAM!  I would NEVER love another NFL TEAM!  And, then a bunch of guys I coached with, taught school with invited me to Green Bay!!!  And, I fell in love!  Lambeau, Green and Gold, Brett Favre, Ahman Green, Antonio Freeman, Leroy Butler, and ALL that Packer History - Vince Lombardi, Curly Lambeau, Don Hutson, Paul Horning, Jimmy Taylor, ..........

Yes, I was becoming a Green Bay Packer Fan!  November 29, 1998!!!

And, after 22 years, I still say Go Pack Go!!

My Games:


Many Memories, and incredible people! A few Memories!

My first game was a blur, flying Baltimore to Chicago, driving up to Green Bay, buying a ticket on the street!  And, then, seeing Lambeau Field for the first time! (AND, the feeling of the famous ICE BOWL!) Wow! It was special, it was exciting, it was different (especially from Eagle games, remember, I am from Pennsylvania!) It was a blur!

Next 5 years, I made two more games.  Still, trying to find a team, the Packer team was luring me in, Brett Favre, Mike Holmgren, my Packer Buddies.  Something was happening.

The next 5 years, my education & coaching career was winding down, from 2005 to 2009, 6 games!  And, 2 away games - Dolphins & Bucs AND, a little old playoff game - FAVRE's last game as a Packer, on an incredibly cold night(wind chill below zero!), a SAD night, a miserable loss to the Giants!!!!!  That was it, I had a FAVORITE NFL team!  The Green Bay Packers were my TEAM!  GO PACK GO!

And then, 2010, no games.  How about THIS excuse, Open-Heart Surgery!  Quintuple ByPass!  Oh Baby!  This is an entire other story, on a different blog!!!

And, then, a great run!  2011 to 2019! And of course, 2020 - COVID!!!

Some memories!

Segway Tours of Green Bay!


Meeting an older couple that was at the Ice Bowl Game!!!

A tour of a tugboat in Sturgeon Bay!

Great meals at The Lighthouse, The Prime Quarter, The Hobo, Bay Family Restaurant, .......

More away games, Giants, Chiefs, Colts, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Redskins

Trip to Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio and Packers in Hall of Fame game that was canceled!!!!

September 9, 2018 - Packers 100th Season!


Visiting the Packer Hall of Fame!

A trip or two on the Fox River Cruise!

Tubing!!!!




"Turtles" at Culvers!

Yes, 2020, the Packer Buddies are missing Green Bay!  But, all the trips were VERY special! What will 2021 look like?  Hopefully, more trips to Green Bay!




And, my Packer Buddies!  More Packer trips in 2021!!!!

Terry, Jim, Bill, & Phil







No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...