Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Packer Buddies 2021 - Another Successful Adventure to Green Bay


 We did it again!  My Packer Buddies completed a SUCCESSFUL adventure to our "Happy Place!"  This was my 40th Packer Game Trip!  I started in 1998 when I was searching for a new team to follow - a quick review of my journey...................

I WAS a Dallas Cowboy Fan!  I started way back in the 60's - "Dandy" Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, Bob Lily, Bob Hayes, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, and the leader of the pack, Tom Landry.  Super Bowls, Thanksgiving Day Traditions.... Life was good!  Then, February 25, 1989 Jerry Jones purchased the Cowboys and hired Jimmy Johnson as head coach!  Wow!  I tried to adjust, BUT, I failed.... so, in the 1990's I was without a team!!!!  Lonely, dejected, heart broken, I wandered through the channels, with my primitive TV Remote searching............  And then, November 29, 1998!  My friends talked me into visiting Green Bay & a Packer Football Game!!!  Now, put this into perspective!!!  Remember, the Ice Bowl????  What team did the Packers defeat??  Of course, the Dallas Cowboys!!!  HOW IRONIC!  To make a long story short, I fell in love again!!  After more trips, it was easy!  The history, Lambeau Field, the legends, the PEOPLE OF GREEN BAY!!  And, here I am, a Green Bay Packer Football Fan!!!

Now, back from my 40th Packer Game - a successful win of another great franchise - the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!  First, our trip was missing our Packer Buddies, Terry & Phil!!!  COVID has made travel crazy!  And, our adventure was NOT the same!  

So, Terry & Phil - 

WE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!

Traveling along with Jim & Bill?  John, on his 4th Trip!  He LOVES it!  And, Jared, Jim's son a Steelers Fan!!!  

Now, a few Packer Adventure Pics!  


Saturday at Lambeau Field!

Prime Quarter Dinner!! (Cook your own steak!)

Tradition - Pre-Game Breakfast!
Bay Motel & Family Restaurant

A walk across the street from Lambeau!
Titletown!!!!

Titletown Walk!

Titletown - PreGame Beer!

Titletown Football Field - new Condo's in Background!

Title 40 Yard Dash Area - Jim VS Bill???

Titletown Arien Hill! (Tubing in the Cold!!)

Titletown Pumpkin Tree!!

Our Tradition - A Lambeau Pre-Game Pic!!

#12 Pre Game!

Honoring the Packers 1996 Super Bowl!!
MVP Desmond Howard!

Honoring the Packers 1996 Super Bowl!!
#4! - Brett Favre!

And, just south of Green Bay?  The home of the 2021 winning Ryder Cup venue, Whistling Straits!  An incredible golf course located in Wisconsin!!!!


2021 Ryder Cup - Whistling Straits!

Whistling Straits - Hole #18

The Whistling Straits Clubhouse!

What a GREAT weekend!

And, a Packers Win!

Packers 27 - Steelers 17!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...