Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Packers Make a Statement, Rodgers is Still Rodgers, But What is the Feeling of the Average Packer Fan

 OK, I have been LAZY.  I have been APATHETIC!  I have been UNINSPIRED! This senior citizen is suffering from change and the NFL is moving in their own direction.  First, the game!

Green Bay Packers 30 - San Fransisco 28

I did not watch, I DVR'd it.  But, in todays world, my Packer Buddies texted me, called me..... And, as I slept, the Packers won on the "Golden Leg" of Mason Crosby!  I woke up, checked my phone, and missed a cool ending!  In the mean time, I have watched & dissected the first have.  Watch are my observations?

1 - Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers.

2 - Young Offensive Line shows promise!

3 - Our Packer Defense is STILL our Packer Defense, BUT a sin of hope?

4 - Special Teams STILL an issue.

5 - The NFC North is weaker.

First our QB.  Aaron Rodgers is still playing!  There is NO QUESTION, he is still one of the NFL's best.  Will he stay focused, or when Halloween comes, and he assumes the character that is long hair demands, will he....... "TRICK OR TREAT?"

The young offensive line really looked promising!  Without our two BEST lineman - Bakhtiari & Jenkins, they played a very good game! Here were the starters:

LT-Yosh Nijman-Year 2,   LG-Jon Runyon-Year 2,    C-Josh Myers-Year Rookie,    RG-Royce Newman-Year Rookie,    RT-Billy Turner-Year 8

That is a VERY YOUNG Offensive Line!  And, they held there OWN!

Defense still seems weak in the front seven! We miss Z Smith and Kenny Clark still needs HELP!!  On the positive side, this secondary could be special!  Alexander at corner & Savage at safety show signs of being top players for many years.  Stokes the rookie replacing our beloved Kevin King, is a player. And, the old pro, Amos, is better than average!  

That Kickoff Return just before halftime could have been a killer!!!  THAT CANNOT HAPPEN!!!!

The Bears, the Lions and the Vikings seem to be struggling!  Keep a close eye on their games the next few weeks!

So, at 2 wins & 1 loss the Packers are in a good place with a shaky Steelers team coming to Lambeau!

Go Pack Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...