Thursday, March 7, 2013

Are Big NFL Contracts Preventing Teams From Winning?

OK, Joe Flacco got his!  He has the highest average salary in NFL history!

What is more important, Super Bowl rings or highest salary?  Here is my prediction - the Ravens will not win another Super Bowl with Flacco as their QB!  Why?

Salary Cap!  Next year is not a big hit, but as the years go on - GOOD LUCK!  Here are the numbers:


In this case, the first few years are OK, but good luck in 2016 & beyond!!  Right now the cap is $123,000,000 for a team, so in year 2016 and beyond one player will demand 20-25% of the money!!!

One of the other concerns is "dead money"!  For a great explanation see - Dead Money Disasters
The "dead money" is money you still pay someone that is not on your team!  For example, the Colts are still paying Manning $16,000,000!!!

The reason for this discussion is the Packers - Aaron Rogers, Clay Matthews & BJ Raji!  They are due big contracts!  What will the Packers do?  What will the players do?

Here is what I would do - I'm dreaming!!  I could be the best QB in the league - Rogers!  Or I could have the best hair in the league - Matthews!  But I want - Super Bowl rings!!!!  I could live on 10 million per year!!!  Give me a team to win another Super Bowl!!!  What would you do?????

Check out discussion on the Packer Web Site!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...