Thursday, March 28, 2013

NFL.com Looks at the Packer Draft

Take a look at what the website - NFL.com and the Packer Draft is saying about the Packers!


I agree with most of what is said.  Starts out with Packers fans wanting the Notre Dame Tight End - Tyler Eifert!  I tend to agree, I think most fans are tired of watching Finley drop passes & listening to him talk!

Discusses the running back situation and reiterates the fact that the Packers may pick one in the lower rounds & a pass blocking back is critical!  I wish they would draft a "home run" hitting guy, a running back that would be able to score with speed & illusiveness!

On the offensive line the position of left tackle is discussed & the players Watson of Florida State & Pugh from Syracuse are discussed.  I agree!  With Rogers, you can never have enough good offensive lineman in front of him!  I would go offensive line early in the draft!

Defense, the discussion starts with Nick Perry!  I agree. Someone needs to take the pressure off of Matthews.  Stay healthy & improve!  Perry needs to show why he was picked #1 last year!!!

And safety, Woodson gone & a couple years without Nick Collins!  I think we really miss Collins!  He was a unsung hero that played very consistent football!  Burnett & MD Jennings give up to many big plays!  Either by pass or run!!  I can still see the QB from the 49er's run untouched all over the field in the last playoff game last year!  Where were the two safeties!!!!

They mention Elam from Florida & Thomas from Fresno State as a possibility!  Agree, need to get a quarterback on defense - maybe one of these guys can do it?  They do not mention inside linebackers!  We need a "nasty" one!  I think the Packers need an attitude changer!  I DO NOT think the Packers Defense is feared!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...