Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Closer Look at The 2014 Cowboys

In an earlier blog, I looked at the 3 possible teams to face the Packers, the Panthers, Cowboys, and Cardinals.  Now we know we have the Cowboys.  I stated:

Cowboys - Wow, the Cowboys are back!  I MUST say here, I WAS an ex-Cowboy fan!  YES, in my darker days, Ice Bowl, Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, etc.  But Jerry Jones & Jimmy Johnson made me discover the PACK!  AND THE REST IS HISTORY!
So, Romo is having a great season, why?  I think RB-Murray is the answer!  NFL rushing champ!  And WR-Bryant, is maturing - I guess?  I still feel he is one play away from a meltdown!  And WR-Williams is good enough to keep you honest.  And TE-Witten is still Romo's security blanket!  And of course the O-line, LTSmith, LG-Leary, C-Frederick, RG-Martin, & RT Free are opening the running lanes & protecting Romo!  A very dangerous offense!
The defense is the biggest surprise!  A lot of no-mames - LDE-Crawford, DT-Hayden, DT-Melton, RDE-Mincey, OLB-Carter, MLB-McClain, OLB-Durant, LCB-Carr, RCB-Scandrick, FS-Church, & SS-Wilcox.  The one thing they do is fly around the field!  They can be beat, but are reckless & fast!

Now, a closer look.

1 - Yes, I was an EX Cowboy fan.  Then Jerry Jones bought the "Boys" and they dismissed Tom Landry, and hired Jimmy Johnson!  Needless to say, I was a shattered fan!  I wandered aimlessly through my life.  Should I follow the home town Eagles(90 miles away)  NOPE!  Should I pick a team with a cool uniform, say the powder blue San Diego Chargers - NOPE.  Should I try a brand new team, with no hope, say the Browns, DON'T THINK SO!  Then mu Pack Buddies invited me to a Packer Game at Lambeau!!  I FELL IN LOVE AGAIN!!!!

2 - Cowboy-Packer History?  Yes, way back to the 60's!  Some great games!  And NFL history - the famous ICE BOWL!  Every fan should watch and read about this game!!

3 - Cowboys coaching?  Jason Garrett - a perfect yes man.  Cowboy players, the hot dog - wide receiver Bryant!  Another DIVA!  But dangerous!  And needs to be handled!  Romo, the QB.  A good quarterback, but has not had a playoff run, and the Pack defense must not let him have time!  The running game is very good!  Murray, the NFL leading rusher!  This is my biggest concern.  The defense has a lot of no names, but fly around the field & are aggressive!

Cowboys rankings?

Team Offense - Cowboys 7th in yards 383, & 5th in points 29.2 - (Pack is 6th & 1st)
Team Defense - Cowboys 19th with 355 yards & 15th in points 22 - (Pack is 15th & 13th)

Key players

WR - Bryant - 8th in yards with 1320, & 1st in TD's 22
RB - Murray - 1st in yards with 1845, & 1st in TD's 13
QB - Romo - 14th in yards with 1405, & 1st in QB rating - 113.2 (edged Rogers 112.2)!!!!

These numbers should grab you attention, going to be a tough game!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...