Saturday, January 24, 2015

Breaking down the present Packer Roster.

Here we go!  I'm ignoring all the football hype about the Super Bowl!  And, I have not watched ESPN or the NFL network at all!!!

I will start with the easy one - Quarterback!

Aaron Rogers
Matt Flynn
Scott Tolzien

I guess we will keep Aaron!  When healthy, I think the BEST quarterback in the NFL!  And I have said this before - WE NEED TO THROW MORE!!!  I would have the PASS set up the run!  Are running game is very good, but I still think we under utilize A-rod!  Especially at the END of games!  We take all the anxiety our off the opposition defense when McCarthy starts running on first & second down, and making Aaron throw to gain that first down & run out the clock!!!!!  I will not even mention our LAST GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final Stats for Aaron:

Completions  Attempts    Percent   Attempts per Game   Yards
       341            520           65.6%           32.5                  4,381

Aaron was 14th in the league in attempts, 9th in percentage, and 7th in yards.  Numbers are misleading, some QB's HAVE to throw more, they are always behind or just throw more!  But, I would like to see his numbers higher in the fourth quarter!

TD Passes - 38, 3rd behind Andrew Luck & Peyton Manning.  Interceptions - only 5!  That was tops among starting QB's!  QB Rating 2nd right behind Romo - 113.2 to 112.2 a VERY efficient year!

And the most remarkable games, were when Aaron was injured!  Not many QB's could have that games he had!!!  Aaron is 31!  The next 5 years we NEED at least TWO Super Bowl trips!!!!

Matt Flynn - did not play very mush this year, when he did - nothing spectacular!  I would let him go!

Scott Tolzien - Did not play at all this year, I would make hime the new back-up and draft a QB in the later rounds.

So, R-E-L-A-X!  We are fine at QB!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Down the Packer Roster by Position

 88 Players, room for TWO more to complete the 90 man NFL limit per team.  This will change. Still out there, 3 big names.  Mercedes Lewis o...